Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What POV is it?

Have you ever read a scene where you were confused about whose POV you were in?
 
What about writing it? Especially during those "oh so naughty" body action scenes. Have you ever written the scene and realized that the male POV was perhaps too feminine or that the girl POV wasn't feminine enough?
 
I found a fun blog with a tool called the Gender Genie. Plug in a paragraph and it'll tell you whether the POV is male or female.
 
Try it! Let me know how it worked for you.

2 comments:

McKenzie McCann said...

I've struggled getting my MC to sound like a feminine guy without sounding like a flat-out girl. It's really tricky to walk that line, but very effective when managed correctly.

McKenzie McCann said...

I tried the Gender Genie. I pulled a sex scene from my story and got male, but when I used a whole chapter, it came out female.
My main character is a lesbian.
Interesting...

Post a Comment