Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eye Candy - Oh So Sweet

Eye candy.

There's nothing sweeter, more tempting or more appealing than having that eye candy right in front of you while you fantasize er... write.

I'm dabbling with a paranormal romance right now - my lovely Tabby has her choice of two men, one is chocolate and the other vanilla ... and the way she figures, why pick one when she can have both? (gotta love that girl!).

I knew right away how I wanted me yummy treats (characters) to look. The first one who popped into my head was Shemar Moore. Talk about yummy candy. Melt in your mouth smooth ...

What about you? When you are writing your character, you have their picture in your mind. Are they usually actors you've enjoyed watching or someone completely made up? Do you go searching online and in magazines for your characters?

Tell me ... where do you get your eye candy?

6 comments:

Stina said...

My characters are usually made up, then I search for visuals afterwards. I do, though, have a picture I removed from a Avon catalog of the hero for the romantic suspense I'm working on.

Roberta Walker said...

I ABSOLUTELY need a visual and search for my characters often before I write one word...The male characters I find on Abercrombie's website :) IMDB is a good source too. I also need to have my playlist all lined up before I start. Sometimes, a particular song will fuel an entire chapter, or a complete character arc.

Anya S. Winter said...

Roberta I need to make a playlist - what a fantastic idea.

Linda Kage said...

Oh so yum!!! Love me some Shemar. I actually find the best candy on romance writer blogs! Kinda of like here.

Margo Berendsen said...

Okay, I need help here. I've been trying to find a real life representation of my male MC, and don't have enough money to buy magazines (at least, a lot of them), and not sure where is (safe) on the Internet to search for pictures of men - any advice :> ?

Anya S. Winter said...

Margo, I just do google searches on male models if I'm lost and then show only pictures ... if I have an idea on what my MC looks like then I'll be specific ... dark hair male ... have fun ;)

Post a Comment